Seed Your Future offers many opportunities for you to get involved in our movement! Below are some of our committees and workgroups. Contact us to find out more and volunteer to share your expertise to help us promote horticulture and encourage more young people to pursue careers working with plants.
Download a copy of all of our Seed Your Future Volunteer Opportunities.
There are SO MANY ways to help Seed Your Future get the word out on our great industry. Every person helps – whether it’s you, or someone else on your team. Employees today want to give back to the community – Seed Your Future is an opportunity for them to do that, and create a stronger future for the industry they love. It’s a win-win!!
Whether you can help out two hours a year, or two hours a month, we have a job for you!
Special Projects: 3-6 hours annually
Some examples of the special projects we need extra support for include:
- Test functionality and accuracy of new website features.
- Call middle schools to encourage use of curriculum and resources.
- Outreach to industry companies/organizations to get updates on their scholarships and internships.
- Attend local career events, and talk about Seed Your Future.
- Attend horticulture industry events on behalf of Seed Your Future.
Sounding Board: 1-2 hours a month
Some examples of ongoing projects where we tap volunteers for input:
- Social media committee
- Green Collar Week planning committee
- Special programs/projects
- Advisory Council
- Board of Directors