Seed Your Future is committed to providing educators with resources to promote horticulture and inspire students to consider pursuing careers working with plants. Our strategic plan includes not only creating new resources, but serving as a clearing house for the excellent resources of other organizations. Check back often to see what's new!
If you are an educator at a 2- or 4-year college or university with a horticulture program, you are invited to attend our Horticulture Programs Enrollment Summit, June 27-28, 2019. Learn more about the Enrollment Summit.
BLOOM! is our campaign to reach middle-schoolers and inspire their interest in plants and plant careers. Partnering with Scholastic, we have a toolkit of resources for educators. Check it out at our Scholastic site.
Great Resources from Other Organizations:
- 4H: 4‑H is delivered by Cooperative Extension—a community of more than 100 public universities across the nation that provides experiences where young people learn by doing. Kids complete hands-on projects in areas like health, science, agriculture and citizenship, in a positive environment where they receive guidance from adult mentors and are encouraged to take on proactive leadership roles. Kids experience 4‑H in every county and parish in the country—through in-school and after-school programs, school and community clubs and 4‑H camps.
- Chicago Botanic Garden Citizen Science - Bud Burst: Budburst brings together researchers, educators, gardeners, and citizen scientists on a shared journey to uncover the stories of how plants are affected by a changing climate.
- FFA: FFA makes a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education.
- KidsGardening.org: They create opportunities for kids to learn through gardening, engaging their natural curiosity and wonder by providing inspiration, community know-how and resources.
- Longwood Gardens: Longwood Gardens' K-12 education program offers curriculum-based instruction in such subjects as math, science, and language arts. They also provide a range of summer camps, Scout programs, and non-guided experiences—all designed to get kids off the couch and out into nature.
- Scotts Miracle-Gro GRO1000:Scotts Miracle-Gro is a major supporter of the development of gardens and greenspaces that help provide life-enhancing qualities to people and our environment. Our involvement ranges from major publicly managed botanic gardens to small neighborhood greenspaces.