Molecular biologists study the relationships between plant, animal and human genetics.
The minimum education requirement is a Bachelor's degree. Additional degrees may be required for advanced positions.
WHERE TO STUDY
For 2- and 4-year college and university programs across the country, visit our Where to Study page.
In August 2020, the median yearly salary for a molecular biologist was $59,415, according to PayScale.com. For more information, visit Study.com's Molecular Biologist Profile.
PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS
- American Association for that Advancement of Science
- American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- The American Society for Cell Biology
- American Society for Horticultural Science
- Biophysical Society
- Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology
VIDEOS AND TESTIMONIALS
Molecular biologist Harveen Dhariwal discusses her job working in the science lab of a molecular biology department.