Horticulture is the art, technology, business, education and science of plants. It is the food we eat, the landscapes we live and play in, the environments we thrive in. It is the business of managing and using what we grow, while maintaining the health of our soil, air, and water, and the well-being of our children, our communities, and our world. In short - it's all about plants!
There are hundreds of career pathways. Here are some of them to get you started exploring. Click on your interest below to show a list of plant careers in that area. And, at the left is an alphabetical list of careers in horticulture.
Click on any one of them to learn more.
- Art and design
- Business — perhaps even becoming an entrepreneur and owning your own business
- Caring for landscapes, sports fields, public gardens or parks
- Creating beautiful landscapes and spaces and bringing them to life
- Growing flowers and designing beautiful floral arrangements
- Growing food and feeding people with food that is safe and nutritious
- Preserving native habitats and lessening the impact of climate change
- Serving and supporting people