A floral designer specializes in the art of using plant materials and flowers to create a pleasing and balanced composition.
No formal education is required. Some employers may prefer a certificate or Associate's degree.
WHERE TO STUDY
For 2- and 4-year college and university programs across the country, visit our Where to Study page.
In September 2019, the median yearly salary for a floral designer was $50,963, according to Salary.com. For more information, visit Study.com's Floral Designer Profile.
PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS
- American Floral Endowment
- American Institute of Floral Designers
- American Society for Horticultural Science
- Independent Floral Designers Association
- International Floral Design Association
- Society of American Florists
VIDEOS AND TESTIMONIALS
Learn why Carlos Franco, head designer and owner of Green Fresh Florals chose to become a floral designer.