Seed Your Future is hosting an enrollment summit for all 2- and 4-year colleges and universities with horticulture programs or thinking of starting a horticulture program. We will present and discuss promising practices in student recruitment, engaging industry and community partners, and developing new tools and resources to help you recruit and retain students into your programs.
Who Should Attend
- Anyone at a 2- or 4-year college or university with responsibility for, or an interest in, the recruitment of students into horticulture programs. Department chairs, faculty and staff, recruitment staff, enrollment counselors - all are invited to attend.
- Horticulture industry representatives interested in working with colleges and universities, both to recruit graduates and to ensure programs prepare students for green collar careers.
- Anyone else interested in increasing the enrollment of students in horticulture programs across the country.
$100* per person registration fee
- Included in your registration fee* are all meals, refreshments, materials, and entrance to Longwood Gardens.
- Once you RSVP for the event (at right), you will receive a link to pay your registration fee online with a credit card.
- RSVP today to reserve your space. Payment is due by June 4, 2019.
- When you RSVP, you can reserve spaces for additional individuals from your institution.
- Cancellations (minus a $30 processing fee) are refunded until June 10, 2019.
- Space is limited, so reserve your spot at the summit as soon as possible.
*Longwood Gardens is graciously covering the majority of the costs for meals, refreshments, materials, meeting planning, and all other expenses not noted below.
Agenda and Participant List
Participants are responsible for the expense of their own hotel rooms. The deadline for reserving rooms under the Summit block has passed. Rooms may still be available at the Hilton Garden Inn, Kennett Square, PA.
- Book online at Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square OR
- Call the hotel at 800-737-7804.
- Summer is a very busy time in Kennett Square and rooms may no longer be available at this hotel. If you are a registered participant and are having difficulty securing a hotel room, contact us at [email protected] and we will try to help you secure a room.
All travel costs are at the expense of the participant. The closest airport is the Philadelphia International Airport. The closest train station is Wilmington, Delaware. For your ground transportation needs, please make your own arrival arrangements. Longwood Gardens will offer you the opportunity to sign up for Thursday and Friday free shuttles between the hotel and Longwood Gardens. You may also sign up for a complimentary shuttle back to the airport or train station at the conclusion of the Summit on Friday at 12:20 pm. (Sign up details will be sent once you RSVP.)
Enjoying Longwood Gardens
The Summit will end at noon on Friday, June 28, 2019. All Summit registrants receive complimentary admission to the Gardens for both June 27th and June 28th. This is for your personal use only and cannot be transferred to someone else. Feel free to extend your departure time to allow for time to enjoy the Gardens.
Co-chairs, John Dole, Ph.D., North Carolina State University and Mary Meyer, Ph.D., University of Minnesota
- Angela Ambrosini, New York Institute of Technology
- Sarah Cathcart, Longwood Gardens
- Janet Cole, Ph.D., Oklahoma State University
- Jeff Iles, Ph.D., Iowa State University
- Dean Kopsell, Ph.D., University of Florida
- Dan Lineberger, Ph.D., Texas A&M University
- Liz Riley, Ph.D., Alamance Community College
- Susan E. Yoder, IOM, Seed Your Future
1001 Longwood Rd
Kennett Square, PA 19348
Google map and directions