January 2, 2019
Seed Your Future is hiring an independent contractor for a Program Manager position. The independent contractor will assist Seed Your Future in the development and execution of a strategy for engaging new supporters for the movement. Our goal is to build a highly active base of grassroots supporters by investing in acquisition, online engagement campaigns, strategic partnerships and converting supporters into donors.
Send cover letter and resume to info@SeedYourFuture.org by January 18, 2019.
Position Description: Program Manager
Status: Independent contractor, remote position
Length of Contract: Initially six months, with the intention to extend based upon performance (see salary and compensation section).
Estimated Hours: Initially 30 hours per week, with the intention to extend based upon performance (see salary and compensation section)
Contract Amount: Will be based upon experience
- Manage Seed Your Future supporter engagement, including:
- Develop and maintain a year-round engagement calendar.
- Execute engagement campaigns to activate supporters and donors online and offline.
- Manage online acquisition campaigns, including:
- Implement the acquisition strategy developed in partnership with consultants and ad vendors.
- Use Facebook’s Business Manager platform and other online marketing tools to place and optimize online ads and promote content.
- Meet acquisition goals.
- Develop engagement campaigns, including:
- Monitor horticulture industry and Seed Your Future partners for potential engagement opportunities.
- Propose ideas for new engagement campaigns and tactics.
- Develop proposals for engagement campaigns and work with leadership to gain approval and direction.
- Develop the social media strategy for engagement campaigns.
- Online production and list management, including:
- Write, produce, and send mass emails — including basic HTML, graphic design, and list segmentation in the NationBuilder platform.
- Build landing pages, update website content, and complete other necessary technology setup for engagement campaigns on the NationBuilder platform.
- Manage inquiries and issues related to engagement campaigns, as needed.
- Interface with partners, consultants, and vendors (g., designers, advertising vendors, technology providers, etc.).
- Engagement analysis, including:
- Produce and analyze reports of metrics for supporter acquisition and engagement.
- Lead internal acquisition campaign evaluations and debriefs.
- Produce campaign analysis and programmatic report materials for funders including proposals, grant reports, ad hoc announcements, and case studies.
- Manage engagement and growth of Seed Your Future’s social media channels.
- Manage the Seed Your Future NationBuilder database.
Education and Experience:
- Two or more years of online production or online campaigning experience for a non-profit, advocacy organization, or political organization.
- Two or more years of creative writing or online copywriting.
- Experience in volunteer management or grassroots organizing.
Baseline Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Advanced knowledge of social media channel utilization and impact tracking. Including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Excellent knowledge of the following technologies: Microsoft Office Suite, Word Press, InDesign.
- Excellent skills utilizing CRM databases. NationBuilder is Seed Your Future’s platform.
Salary and Compensation
- This position would begin as a 30 hour per week part-time contracted position, with the goal of transitioning to a full-time position after six months, depending on performance.
- The hourly rate would be based on previous work experience.
- If and when this position becomes a full-time position, salary and compensation will be negotiated.