We envision a U.S. where:
Everyone understands and values the importance of plants and the people who work in the art, science, technology and business of horticulture.
To promote horticulture and inspire people to pursue careers working with plants.
To bring this vision to life, we need a national movement based on the insights of our industry, of students and educators, and of the general public.
- Awareness - Create a favorable perception of horticulture and increase awareness of careers working with plants among youth and youth influencers.
- Education - Engage and excite youth about horticulture and careers working with plants.
- Workforce Development - Increase the skilled workforce in horticulture and develop a strong pipeline of future talent.
- Partnerships - Cultivate and strengthen partnerships and collaborations to advance our mission; and to diversify and broaden the base of volunteers, advocates and supporters.
- Resource Development - Diversify funding sources and increase financial supporters to ensure sustainability of the movement.
The Seed Your Future Strategic Plan Overview outlines our goals. For more details of our objectives and tactics, read the entire Seed Your Future 2017-2019 Strategic Plan.